Saturday 18 January 2014

The First Casualty of War...

...is, to quote Paul...

The first casualty of war is synthetic pillow stuffing Nick

So, with this in mind, I present to you...the first casualties of war!








The destroyed vehicle markers are made in the same way as my previous efforts, sprayed and highlighted bear stuffing atop battery powered flashing tea lights. You can see some of them in action here. I've been meaning to finish the rest since October, 2011!

The smoke markers are aforementioned bear stuffing, glued to 40mm square flocked bases and stiffened with hair spray.

The big smoke marker kinda separated that way, so I glued it atop three bases side by side. Appropriate for Crossfire 3" and 81mm mortar smoke missions.

I even managed to finish that 20mm paper Russian hovel in the background.

Nick

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. They're a little big for 20mm, but they do look cool when they're all lit up!

      Delete
  2. They look great! And they will add much atmosphere to your battles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thomas. They're great for telling the story of the battle afterwards.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! Very nicely done and agreed they add heaps to atmos and battlereports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. They're great to place on the table when a Titan blows up!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic work on these Nick. Good looking and useful on the table.

    The ones used in our battles were Daves, so I cannot take any credit for them, although I have been thinking of making up something better than my older efforts.

    Very nice post.

    I see you have some items for sale on the net. Good luck for that mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. Now I've got enough for all of my Kiwi tanks to go Ronson on me! Well, almost all. Where is that missing tea light?

      As I said above, they're a bit big for 20mm, but they do look good flickering away on the table top!

      And thanks for the luck for Andys' tanks. I've sold a bike for a guitar pedal, now I need some cables...or possibly a power adapter...

      Delete
  5. Battery powered tea lights you say? GENIUS! My mother loves those things, I shall have to figure out where she buys them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gamer after my own heart. A great idea and one worthy of being copied. Well done sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you sir! It's one of those things I've been meaning to finish for ages...

      Delete
  7. Wow, that's some really great looking smoke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al. That's some really fiddly looking undercarriage you've got going there!

      Delete