Saturday 5 May 2012

The Great Hawker Named-After-A-Weather-Event Aircraft Group Build Day 5

Good evening,

Been pottering around with the Typhoon this afternoon and I managed to get the wings together, along with the u/c doors.





I painted the inside of the ailerons black for some depth. Dunno if it'll make any difference, but it seemed like a good idea at the time!

The doors are not as flush as I'd like, but I managed to get a better result than on my Thunderbolt.

I'll work on the pilot tomorrow...along with getting my class' reading texts and follow up activities sorted out for this coming week.

Well done to Jack Sarge - he finished first!

Model on,

Nick

12 comments:

  1. A very neat job nick, and well thought through.
    Yes...the burden of Typhoon building has been released...grateful sigh.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you've got time for a Tempest and a Hurricane! Gonna soon have me a Tempest if you want one...got me a Hurri too, but I want that for Crete.

      Delete
  2. Nice and steady Nick. The plugging looks great.

    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. More like slow and steady! :-)

      Delete
  3. No thanks my friend,- unfortunately I went a bit OCD with this one and I need to ease off a tad...(bit like the poster of Lance Corporal Jones I have on my office at work which has those wise words "Don't Panic" written underneath).
    I shall now just be a keen observer of everyone else's progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough. Still, if you find yourself twiddling your thumbs before the end of May...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I'll be interested to see what you do with the radiator on your one...let's face it, it's not the most sophisticated model on the market, eh?!

      Delete
  5. Great attention to detail there Nick, looking good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al. As do your Pz 1s. Like the command tank.

      Delete
  6. Nick, it will be interesting to see how much effect the pre-shading has. I've often tried this, but I just can't get it to work. Mind you, I brush paint, so that will probably explain it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is the first time I've done it, and I too will be brush painting, so...we'll see, I guess.

      Delete