Sunday 8 April 2012

Shermans and Carriers End State

Good afternoon,

Here are the end state of my Shermans and my Carrier...+ a few bits and pieces.




Young Jack Sarge sent me over a dozen or so figs and decals - including these HaT Brit Tank Riders. So I decided to add some to my latest vehicles.

First up, the Carrier.


Hard to see in this shot (or the others, for that matter) is the wee Kiwi decal in front of the driver. It's from a sheet that the Sarge sent over that originated from a Long Range Desert Group vehicle.

The gunner is a cut down tank rider - I cut off his back pack, and had to cut down his legs to fit him in.

Next, the tanks.





The Firefly is one that Andy had put together and gave me a while back.

Here we have the jeeps.



The Esci Brit commander was actually sitting in one of my unpainted Fireflies, now he's driving a jeep. Talk about a step down!

Finally, the 6 Pounder, based and crewed.



I based the crew individually so that I could leave it on the table after it had been 'knocked out' in game terms.

All in all, I think the addition of the crew and decals makes an excellent difference.

Cheers Sarge!

Nick

10 comments:

  1. Very very nice Nick. I like seeing the Kiwis getting a mention too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger. You've done a lovely job with those Valiant figs. That hatless fellow with the mortars looks just like one of the Tracy boys. Thunderbirds are go!

      Nick

      Delete
  2. Love the officer in the jeep letting fly with his pistol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dylan,

      Yeah he's very much the go-up-there-and-get-em-while-I-stay-back-in-my-jeep-and-point-excitedly-at-things type!

      Nick

      Delete
  3. Super effort Nick. Excellent weathering and nice overall finish.

    Great start to the holidays.

    Model on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. High praise indeed!

      Now to see if I can get these six extra elements of Kiwi done for the game I'm hoping to have with Robin next week.

      As well as the Pz IVs, 25 pounder and quad. Oh, and the Sarmation knights. Hmmm...we'll see what we will see...

      Nick

      Delete
  4. Some nice work there Nick, I like the carriers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mate, great job there, they turned out really well.

    Just a thought.... the hatches on the firefly, probably would have been green like the tank, otherwise they would be too easy noticed by the Jerries. It was true that the interior was a light colour, cream I think. There's a great picture here:

    http://www.172shermans.com/Gallery/DParksFireflyIC.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thanks again for the figs they've really brought the vehicles to life, so to speak.

      Good point about the hatches, I'll paint my other one green as you suggest. I'm working on some PSC Pz IVs at the moment. Must say, they're going together like a dream! Very well engineered kit for us wargame blokes.

      Cheers, and God bless,

      Nick

      Delete