Monday 9 April 2012

Awaiting Some Spray Paint

Good afternoon,

Last night I started finally pulling together the Plastic Soldier Company Panzer IVs...and already the main components are ready for a spray undercoat. So I thought I'd also get the major components of the Quad and 25 Pounder ready for a spray as well, along with the figs that I cleaned up and sorted out yesterday afternoon ready for undercoating too.








These PSC Pzs are brilliant - nice, clean casts, simple construction, I had lots of fun pulling them together. Only thing is the hatch on the right hand side of the turret. Had to be considerably trimmed down to fit. Other than that, so far they've all gone together beautifully.

Now to buy some cheap black spray undercoat...

Nick

And sprayed they have been.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty good progress there Nick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger. Those PSC Pz came together really quickly.

      Delete
  2. Good looking project Nick. Are you adding the side skirts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul,

      Yep, the Schürzen will be added, but I thought I'd get the bulk of the painting done beforehand - it'd be hard to reach elsewise.

      Nick

      Delete
  3. Agreed, these kits are great.
    Looking forward to see what you make of them ;)

    Cheers, Mojo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mojo! Yours look fantastic, me, I ain't got no airbrush, so...I am just back from reading the latest Airfix mag in a local bookshop. They've done an article on a dio using Armourfast Pz IVGs which has given me a couple of good ideas on layering the camo before washing it...so...we'll see!

      Hopefully next week. Almost finished the infantry.

      Nick

      Delete